Decision Time
After the ug results where I wasted no time to blame my parents for every misfortune to appear at my doorstep- they have now withdrawn and left me to make the all important next step. Now it's going to be entirely on me.
Lots of chatter and input distract your mind - some validated, others not. The stress of making a decision from which will have repercussions can be overwhelming- makes me not wonder about decision paralysis!
Regardless I now must press on-
Medicine is annoying no doubt - endless notes, references to be done, seems like you're doing very little for the patient, chronic unsatisfied patients.
Surgery, ortho is out just because I absolutely cannot stand trauma.
Paediatrics has even lesser pay than Medicine
Radiology doesnt have as much of professional growth (I might eat my words later).
Dermatology will require me to be active on instagram.
The others are out just because of the perceived low status - (my mind is filthy and needs validation - float me) - pathology, I'm sorry -it's breaking my heart.
I've decided to choose it over obgy - I figured I won't be breaking any barriers as such or doing anything new - more so since I read that most often the pioneers have in fact been men and the field is only heading towards a higher female workforce. I'm giving up better pay and bondless state to go into an abstract specialty - so, let's go?
- confused maybe-not-so feminist
Comments
Post a Comment